Summer 2013 - Internship Opportunity
Interns will assist with environmental education programs, including on-site programs, off-site programs, and festivals, including PCCS's new signature summer week of events: Whale Week: A Celebration of the Sea. Interns will assist in the staffing of the Center's informational and sales kiosk on MacMillian Pier; designing and delivering presentations, answering questions about PCCS, marine mammals and ocean conservation issues, and other general duties. Intern may assist with a theater project, create displays for the PCCS's laboratory, and help create lesson plans and activities that are aligned with the Massachusetts State Frameworks.
Other Responsibilities- Each intern will take on a project which they will work on for the duration of their internship. The project must be proposed by the student and agreed upon with the PCCS staff. At the end of the internship the intern will present the project to the staff, volunteers, and members of the public.
Interns must have their own transportation, and housing is not provided. A small stipend will be available.
- The internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from an accredited college or university. High school students may also be considered.
- Preference will be given to students or recent graduates working towards environmental studies, education, marine science, biology or other related fields.
- Intern should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Theater experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Students that are adaptable, responsible, hard working, willing to learn, and have attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable working with all ages.
- Must be comfortable working outside in all conditions.
- Interns must be able to commit to at least two months; start and end dates are flexible due to school schedules.
- Interns must work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and one letter of reference to:
Human Resource Manager
115 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657
Applications must be received by April 1st, 2013.
Learn about opportunities for students from the Dominican Republic and Wider Caribbean Region